We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, at no additional cost to you.
This is the first project I’ve tried to make out of the Little Girls, Big Style book. It was very easy to make and went together really quickly. The hardest part about it was deciding on the fabrics to use.
I’ve made peasant dresses before, but it was nice to just trace a pattern this time instead of having to draw and measure and redraw and hope I had the right size like I’ve had to do before.
This was the first time I’d tried to really mix and match fabrics. I think it works ok on this dress, but for the next one I’d really like to head to the quilt store and pick a couple fabrics from the same line. Too bad that doesn’t always work with stash sewing though (which was what this dress was).
This particular dress is a size 3, though Anna’s measurements were closer to a 2. There is plenty of room in it for her to grow, which is what I was hoping for.
I love the book, the way it’s written, and the patterns. I’m excited about sewing more from it!