A friend asked me not long ago how the boys’ quilts are coming along. I just laughed. At that point not much was done. I had been busy practicing for the choir concert and had set the quilts aside.
Since Monday I’ve had a lot more time to work on them. This is what Samuel’s quilt top looks like:
Here is Caleb’s. I finished the top Thursday night.
In pictures, I think I like Samuel’s better – the greens and blues seem a little more cohesive than the blues, greens, and red in Caleb’s quilt. But up close, I like the star theme in Caleb’s quilt better.
So now I’m just wondering how long it will take to actually quilt. I’m going to stitch in the ditch instead of trying any random stippling. . . and I just realized I never picked up a walking foot. Oops. Guess we’ll see how well my regular foot works.
Last night I was able to get them layered with the batting and backing and pinned. So there is progress. I’m really hoping the machine quilting will work well.
So that leaves me 2 quilts to quilt and bind, and 7 sets of pajama bottoms to finish before Christmas. Next year I’m starting earlier. I tried to start early this year but then got busier than I anticipated. Maybe next year I’ll remember that. :O)