This page may contain affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through one of the links on this page, we may earn a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you, and helps us continue doing what we love.
Susan at By Grace tagged me for this 8 Questions meme. She asked 8 questions, I answered them. Then I ask 8 new questions, and tag 8 other bloggers to answer my questions. Here are Susan’s questions:
1. What is your favorite main dish to eat or to cook?
That is a really hard question, for some reason. I LOVE to cook, and love most of the things I cook. Probably my favorite main dish is chicken artichoke casserole. It is soooo good. It helps that my entire family loves it too – we almost never have any left over.
2. What was your favorite pet, anytime in your life?
I don’t really have one that’s a favorite. My dad wasn’t big on pets so we really didn’t have a lot. My brother and I both had a 10-gallon aquarium when we were in junior and high school, and we took frequent trips to the aquarium store in town. It was really fun to see what kinds of fish we could raise (or not). He seemed to be able to keep fish that I couldn’t keep alive and vice versa. When Samuel was pretty small, Stephen we bought him an aquarium, but don’t really have room for it now where it won’t get knocked over.
3. Do you have any unreasonable fears?
Yes, tornadoes. I am terrified of them. When we moved to Indiana that year, I joked that God moved us there to get me over my fear of them. It didn’t work. We get fewer tornadoes through here than we did in Indiana, but I still get nervous when I hear we’re under a tornado watch or warning.
4. What do you love most about your spouse?
Do I have to pick just one? ;O) He desires above all things to please God, and he’s not afraid to be different just because he’s a Christian. On the flip side, he’s not hypocritical and in-your-face about it either.
5. Are you more of a leader or a follower?
Depends on the situation. Most of the time I’m happy to be a follower, but it seems like lately I’m ending up the leader more and more.
6. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
That’s a tie between Psalms and Hebrews. I love Psalms because they’re so comforting. Hebrews is a favorite because I love the contrast between the Old Testament sacrifices and Christ’s ultimate sacrifice. It gets me excited almost every time I read it. So now that I think about it, Hebrews probably wins out over Psalms, but not by a lot. :O)
7. Is there a hobby or skill you’d like to learn but have never done it, for whatever reason?
Two things come to mind. Smocking and playing the guitar. I’d love to learn to smock, but don’t know of any classes local enough to attend. As for playing the guitar – I’m a big chicken. We have a guitar, but I don’t have the patience to let my fingers callous to play without pain. If I weren’t a pianist, it might not be as much an issue. But right now, I really don’t want to have a couple weeks of painful playing at the piano while I wait for my fingers to adjust to the guitar. It sounds lame, but it’s the truth. ;O)
8. What is your decorating style?
Um, what decorating style? I guess I don’t really have one. Our house is small, and most of the living room is done in wood panelling. I like lighter colored decorations to try and keep the room from seeming smaller than it actually is. I LOVE pictures of my family, and collect silver colored picture frames, so they are everywhere. On the walls, on the mantel, on shelves. There are 22 pictures that I can see just from my computer desk. What better decorations than pictures of the ones I love the most??
Here are my 8 questions:
1. What is your favorite hot beverage? Coffee? Tea? Hot chocolate? Something else?
2. What is your favorite season of the year?
3. How old were you when you accepted Christ?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
6. Do you have a life verse, or one that is really special to you?
7. If you had a couple hours to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
8. Do you have someone in your life who has been a Spiritual mentor for you?
I tag these 8 people, if you don’t mind participating. Leave me a comment and let me know if you play along!