We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, at no additional cost to you.
Saturday was one of those rare days when I was actually able to get some sewing done.
First, I made Anna a new gown. Her pajamas are too warm for summer and she’s about to outgrow them anyway. The fabric is a very delicate knit with pastel stripes – Stephen’s grandma gave it to me not long ago specifically for Anna.
Later I was able to start some pillow shams. The throw pillows on our couch are starting to look awful. I figured some new covers would be enough, rather than completely replacing the pillows. Here’s what I have done so far. They need a border before I actually make them into shams, but at least I was able to get a little bit done.
This one I used all the music-themed fabrics.
This one is my favorite. It’s quite a bit busier than I realized when I laid out the squares, but that’s ok. One day I’d like to make a quilt out of only blues and whites. . .I think that would be so pretty.
Instead of cutting any new fabric (or scraps, for that matter), I used squares left over from the first quilt I ever made. I couldn’t find where I’d shared a picture of the quilt here before, so here’s a picture I took of it years ago.
There were enough squares left from that quilt to use for this one:
(You can see another photo of the quilt top here)
It’s funny how many different projects I’ve made out of those squares. There’s quite a few more left too, but I don’t have specific plans for them yet.