We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, at no additional cost to you.
Most of the time I don’t do memes, but I saw this over at Susan’s blog and thought I’d do it here.
1. Do you have magnets on your fridge? Almost all of them are plain craft magnets, but they’re mostly to hold my monthly menu plan and missionary prayer cards in place.
2. Do you have a calendar in your kitchen, if so, what’s the theme of it? It’s just a basic calendar from a nearby nuclear plant. The theme is usually nature.
3. What is your favorite kitchen gadget? Probably our Magic Bullet knock-off. It gets used almost daily.
4. Are you lucky enough to have a pantry of some kind? Maybe some day, but not right now. Instead, we use a large bookshelf. It’s not the most glamorous but it works well.
5.What is your favorite appliance? Definitely my coffeemaker. Nothing else really comes close.
6. Do you have an eat in kitchen (table in it)? No.
7. Do you have a bread box? No.
8. Do you have a picture of your kids on the fridge? Just one of Samuel. He made it one year in Sunday School for Mother’s Day for me, and it’s been on my fridge ever since. I love it. He’s three in this picture.
(Behind the magnet is a freezer inventory that I need to redo)
9. Do you ever cook breakfast in your PJs? Usually. We try to eat fairly early, and between trying to read my Bible before the kids are awake and nursing the baby first thing, I usually end up making breakfast in my PJ’s.
10. Do you have a favorite cookbook that you use? Not really. I have a Betty Crocker one but the one I use the most is just a 3-ring binder of printed recipes.
11. Are you lucky enough to have recipes that were passed down from your mom or grandma? Yes – many. A lot of them I wrote down when I was in Junior High for an Awana project. Then I copied down a lot more the summer I got married. I also have one of my grandma’s cookbooks. She and Mom both made quite a few foods from it. I love seeing all the stained pages – it makes it easier to find which recipes she made often. 😉
12. What’s your favorite food? Chocolate, and then bread. I’m finding with my PCOS that I really have to limit my carbs in general to keep my weight down and generally stay healthy, and it’s so HARD for me. I LOVE bread and love to experiment with coming up with the perfect recipe for something.
13. What’s your favorite thing to cook? I don’t know. I prefer baking over cooking, though I do like both.
14. Is your coffee pot electric or stove top? Electric programmable coffeemaker. LOVE it. I love hearing it start up in the morning.
15. Do you ever make your own bread? Several times a week. My current project is finding the perfect recipe for soft 100% wheat bread. It’s proving a harder challenge than I anticipated.
16. Name one thing that you have hanging on your wall in your kitchen: Not much. I have very little wall space. There are some verses taped to the wall above my sink that I’m working on memorizing.
17. Is there a clock in your kitchen? Yes.
18. Do you have a bowl of fruit sitting on your table or counter? Yes. It’s on the counter. If it were on the table Caleb would take it as an open invitation to throw the fruit. In fact, “Don’t throw the citrus!” has become a family joke because he’s thrown so many oranges and grapefruit across the room thinking they were balls.
19. What type of canisters do you have? Basic Rubbermaid sets from Walmart. I bought the sets one at a time over the years.
20. Does your kitchen have a theme? Not entirely. My dishes have a country vine and heart pattern on them, and a lot of my glassware is cobalt blue. That’s about it.
21. What’s for supper tonight? Homemade pizza
22. Do you have enough cabinet space? Not really. I’m trying to make do with what we have. It’s a challenge to find a place for everything but keep it allg accessible at the same time.
23. Does your family use paper plates? We never used to. Now we use them a little bit. It helps me stay on top of things a little bit better while I try to juggle everything (I’ve been working on implementing a new schedule/daily routine but that’s a whole different blog post).
24. Do you have a good set of china? No. I found a set at a thrift store for $25 about 7 years ago. Right now it’s packed away so the boys don’t break it. It’s missing some pieces (like dinner plates, lol) so it’s better suited to a small breakfast or something. I’d love to start using it more but since it’s lacking dinner plates I just haven’t.
25. Do you wear an apron to work in your kitchen? Not as much as I should. I’m a pretty messy cook.
26. Name one thing, if anything, that you would like to change about your kitchen. I would love to have my cabinets redone, or at least the bottom ones. They’re not in good condition, so I have to be careful about what gets placed on certain shelves. It would be lovely to have sturdy shelves in there.