Finally made a new bouncy seat cover

This page may contain affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through one of the links on this page, we may earn a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you, and helps us continue doing what we love.

Making a new bouncy seat cover has been on my sewing list for quite a while, but it took me long enough to get to actually making a new one. Then it took me even longer to post about it – it’s been done since right after Christmas.

Here’s the old cover. Notice the seam at the top is ripping. It’s easy enough to keep the baby out of it, but Caleb kept sitting in it. It’s like he thinks it’s his own personal papasan chair or something.

12280004

What I did was trace around it onto the fabric. It’s some sort of twill – I’m really not sure where it came from. It doesn’t look so shiny in real life, but in pictures it sure does.

12280005

I didn’t try to add any padding to it just to keep it simple. The webbing on the straps was salvaged from what was on the original cover. It was ok for a while, but then one strap started to ravel. Walmart had some though so fixing the strap was pretty easy.

It’s nice to have the bouncy seat in good condition again. Anna loves sitting up where she can watch us, and I like having my hands free more often. Since this cover is made out of much thicker fabric (and double layers at that), I don’t worry so much when Caleb sits in it either.

12110005

Crazy kid.

Spread the love