I’ve mentioned before that we use the cash envelope system for budgeting some of our expenses. First, I made some zippered envelopes. They worked well, but since they aren’t labeled they’re too easy to mix up inside the store. What’s the use of making three separate transactions if you pay out of the wrong envelope?
Then I came across this cash envelope tutorial. It looked simple enough, so I decided to just try to figure it out on my own. I didn’t want the pockets divided though – I prefer to pull out only what cash is necessary when it’s time to pay for something.
It took me a while to plan out, and there are a couple things I’d do differently if I ever sew another one. I’m pleased with the result though.
The zippered pocket isn’t lined (one of the things I’d change next time) but seems the right size for spare change.
Folded up, it’s about the size of a checkbook. Here’s the outside:
It also matches my checkbook cover. . .
And my purse organizer. . .
And my purse.
I made a case for my old Palm too, but can’t use it with my new one unless I somehow attach Velcro to the back of it. The old one came with the Velcro already on it, but I’d rather not stick it on my new Palm. But just for kicks, here’s a picture of the case and my old Palm:
Ok, so it’s a bit much of all the matching things, but I really like the pink and burgundy combination.