Dress redo

This page may contain affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through one of the links on this page, we may earn a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you, and helps us continue doing what we love.

My friend Stephanie found this little dress and jacket at a thrift store for me months before Anna was born. It needed some repair, but since the dress was so big, I just set it aside. I got it out this week to actually work on it.

It originally had really narrow binding around the edges, but it was coming apart and the stitching was really sloppy. The easiest fix was to put new binding over it. I also replaced the buttons and shortened the sleeves.

01080011

The jumper was in a lot better condition. It’s still a bit big, but there are ties in the back so that’s easy enough to solve. All I had to do was move the buttons on the straps and restitch part of the applique.

01080014

It was a quick and easy fix. Now Anna has another dress, which works out well since she needed another one.

Spread the love