Finished the boys' Easter clothes

This page may contain affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through one of the links on this page, we may earn a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you, and helps us continue doing what we love.

The boys’ clothes for Sunday are done. It’s the first time I’ve ever tried to make church clothes for them, and it was so much fun!

The vests were pretty easy to make. The ties were easy too, but figuring out how to “tie” them around the elastic neck part was a lot harder than I anticipated. They turned out cute though.

Easter vest and tie

The vests were just Simplicity patterns (7030 for Samuel’s and an old one I was given for Caleb. I don’t remember the number – sorry!). The ties were adapted from the Little Boy’s Tie tutorial at the Purl Bee. I didn’t end up really following the tie tutorial very closely, but it was a great place to start. I also didn’t cut the ties on the bias – I was concerned that the stripes might look funny if they were diagonal on the ties and vertical on the vests.

They’ll wear black pants with the vests and ties. I can’t wait to see how they look in them!

Spread the love

2 thoughts on “Finished the boys' Easter clothes”

  1. Thanks Sara. I had a TON of the fabric left over – the pattern was written funny and then I bought some extra to make sure there was enough. Well, there’s enough for a good 2 more vests and ties with what’s left! Oh well!

Comments are closed.