We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, at no additional cost to you.
Stephen’s been doing research this morning. We think we figured out the problem with our goats.
We had brought some hay home not long ago. We kept it covered, and did our best to keep it dry. Apparently it had gotten wet before we brought it home. It wasn’t moldy then, so we fed it to our goats. I guess in our efforts to keep it dry we must’ve helped damp hay grow mold.
This just makes me sick. It cost us the life of 5 goats this week, even though we TRIED to keep it dry so it wouldn’t mold. We even bought a brand new tarp to keep over it instead of using one that we already had (because they were all old and had holes in them).
Wow. I feel terrible about this. We tried so hard, and they still died. *sigh*