We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, at no additional cost to you.
One of my Hannah Girls posted this on her blog yesterday. I thought it was fascinating.
Have you ever?
Bold the things you’ve done.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars – at camp
3. Played in a band – high school. I played clarinet.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower – again, at camp
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world – Disneyworld with my family when I was in high school
8. Climbed a mountain – a church youth group missions trip to Wyoming
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang/played a solo – frequently at church. Mostly piano, and sometimes voice. I played a clarinet solo a time or two in high school too.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child – YES! And I would do it again in a heartbeat if God ever led us to do so again!
16. Had food poisoning – on Valentine’s Day the year S was born. It was our last “big date” before he arrived, and we both got food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables – yummy.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight – too many times to count
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort – my brothers and I used to do this all the time in Michigan. I miss being able to do things like that.
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse – again, in high school.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – many times. God’s creation never ceases to amaze me.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise – a one-day one with my family when I was in high school
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – again, with my family. I’d love to go again and take my boys this time.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing – well, more rapelling than climbing. It was a BLAST.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – playing as a child in a lake. Does that count?
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business – Hope of My Heart Designs, of course. My private piano studio too. We’ve also started a couple that were total flops, lol.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – I used to donate regularly. Since we’ve moved here, I just never found a place to do it. I need to though.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades – again, with my family in high school. We took one HUGE vacation to Florida my junior year. My parents’ reasoning was to have one last family vacation with all the kids together since I was going off to college soon. It really was the last trip we took together. I now live 850 miles from my family and really wish we could do more together, so I treasure the memories from trips like this one.
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book – no, but thinking about it. I submitted some of my music for publication years ago, and dropped it when life got busy. I’ve been considering pursuing this again, but just haven’t actually followed through with it yet.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible – I try to do this every year. I don’t always make it, but it’s my goal.
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – frequently. Chickens quite a bit, but other animals too. And we just got quail so we’ll be eating those soon-ish too. I should have known what was coming when Stephen handed me a trout he caught on our honeymoon and sent me inside the cabin to clean it, lol!
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous – Christ VanAllsburg, author of Jumanji and Polar Express
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Made a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee