This page may contain affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through one of the links on this page, we may earn a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you, and helps us continue doing what we love.
One of our bees got me Sunday night. What’s funny is it’s my first bee sting I’ve ever had. I’m 29. We’ve even had beehives for a year – and I haven’t gotten stung until this week. Weird.
The girls were acting pretty agitated, so when we got home from church Sunday night I was trying to keep my distance while watching them. Apparently I still got too close, because one of the bees flew up my skirt and stung me.
It’s driving me nuts. It’s a huge red spot – warm and really itchy. I’m trying not to scratch, but I’m not doing so great. :O) Hopefully it’ll get better soon. What gets me is that the sting itself didn’t hurt that bad, but the reaction to it is driving me crazy.
I told my best friend (the one that’s an RN) about it and how I reacted and she wonders if I’m allergic to bee stings. I hope I’m not. Just in case though, we’re keeping Benadryl in the house for any one of us who may need it.
So. Baking soda has become my friend, lol. Hopefully today will be better than yesterday!