We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, at no additional cost to you.
Introducing the 2005 Blogs of Beauty Awards!
The focus of these awards is honoring the female bloggers who bring beauty to the world of blogdom. The categories are:
Best Biblical Exhortation
Does the best job of bringing biblical truth and exhorting others to walk closely with the Lord Jesus. (Blog does not have to be exclusively a theological blog.)
Best Design – Contemporary
The most beautiful blog of a contemporary design.
Best Design – Traditional
The most beautiful blog of a non-contemporary design.
Has the best discussions in the comments sections.
Has the most encouraging blog content.
Has the best content regarding frugality. (Blog does not have to be exclusively about frugality).
Has the best content regarding homemaking. (Blog does not have to be exclusively about homemaking.)
Has the best content regarding homeschooling. (Blog does not have to be exclusively about homeschooling.)
Has the best humor.
Best Meet for a Mocha
The blogger you have never met and would most like to meet in person for a mocha.
Has the best content about being a mommy. (Blog does not have to be exclusively about motherhood.)
Best Quiet Spirit
Demonstrates a beautiful, quiet spirit through her blog entries.
Has the best recipes. (Blog does not have to be exclusively about cooking.)
Has the most enjoyable variety of content.
Hereâ€™s how it will work.
1. Nominate one blog of your choice for each of the categories. If you have a blog, you can nominate yourself for one category only. Nominations will close Tuesday, November 29, 2005, at 8:00 p.m. EST. You can send your nominations by using the â€œEmail Sallieâ€ link at the top of my blog. If you do not have a nominee for every category, that is ok. Just email the ones you do want to nominate.
2. Hubby and I will tally the nominees and the top three nominees in each category will become the finalists. Finalists will be posted by 8:00 p.m. EST, Wednesday, November 30, 2005.
3. I will post the finalists in each category (with hot links) and everyone will be able to vote once for each category. Voting will close 8:00 p.m. EST, Tuesday, December 6, 2005.
4. The winners will be announced by 8:00 p.m. EST, Wednesday, December 7, 2005. Each winner will receive a beautiful award graphic (see above) to place on their blog.
5. While the awards will be given to women only, men are certainly free to vote.
So there you have it! Spread the word (feel free to put a copy of the award on your blog if you have one) and nominate your favorite female bloggers who bring the Lordâ€™s beauty to the blogosphere!
Be sure to go to Two Talent Living to place your nominations. I’m not saying you should nominate me for anything – but I do think you should nominate someone. I’m excited to see who wins the awards!